1. Preheat a heavy-bottom or cast-iron pot over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add ground turkey to the pan, season with salt and pepper, sauté until nicely browned. Remove turkey from the pan, and set aside.
2. Return the pan to the heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onion and bell peppers, sauté until fragrant and browned, approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Move vegetable mixture to one side of the pan, add tomato paste, sauté until fragrant and browned. Add chili pepper, cumin, and red pepper flakes, sauté until fragrant, stir to combine, deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of stock.
4. Add the rest of the stock as well as the tomatoes, beans, cooked turkey, and bay leaves; reduce temperature to medium. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until desired consistency for approximately 45 minutes.
5. Disregard bay leaves, check seasoning and adjust. to suit your taste.
Makes: 4-6 Servings