1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook the pancetta until brown and crisp, 5-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Reserve the fat for basting.
3. Add the peppers, shallots, garlic, sage, parsley, thyme, rosemary, orange zest and ½ tsp to the food processor. Kosher salt. Process until fine. Transfer to a large bowl and fold in the breadcrumbs.
4. On a clean work surface, lay out the turkey breast. To butterfly the breast, hold a long, sharp knife lengthwise along the breast. Slice the breast in half, stopping just before cutting all the way through. Fold over the top piece and lay the breast out flat, with skin-side down. Uniformly pound the chicken with a mallet until ½” thick. Season both sides of the turkey with Kosher salt.
5. Evenly spread the pepper mixture all over the top of the breast. Starting at a short side, roll the turkey breast up tightly to form a log shape. Tie the turkey with kitchen twine (once down the length of roast and then around the width every inch or two) to secure the shape. Brush with the reserved pancetta fat.
6. Transfer turkey roulade to a roasting pan skin-side down and cook until skin is golden and crisp, about 1 hr or until an internal temperature of 155°F. If skin begins to brown too much, loosely cover with foil. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of SUNSET Produce